THERE WILL BE SKATING THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 30th, 2015. There are no cancellations.
The MPPS is hosting the 2015 SCNL Provincial Skating Championships on the weekend of Feb. 13th-16th, 2015 at the Glacier 1. We are looking for any individuals who could volunteer to help out with this event. If you can help out in anyway please contact the club. Thanks you for your time.
All skating sessions will be going ahead this evening (Jan. 8th, 2015). We will not be cancelling any sessions as the weather seems to be clearing up.
1st - $200 - Ticket #00602nd - $100 - Ticket #0798
3rd - $100 - Ticket #1629All prizes have been claimed. We would like to thank everyone for their support.
After the Christmas Holidays, skating sessions will now begin on Friday, January 2nd, 2015.
The club jackets are in!!
Jackets can be picked up at the following times:
1) Tuesday, December 16, 2014– Paradise Arena, Outside entrance to Rink A; 6-8pm;
2) Wednesday, December 17, 2014 – Glacier 2 – Main Entrance Area; 6:30 to 7:30pm
3) Thursday; December 18, 2014 – Glacier 1; Viewing Room; 6-7 pm
4) Saturday, December 20, 2014 – Glacier 1; Viewing Room; 9am to 12 noon;
5) Sunday, December 21, 2014 – Paradise Arena, Outside entrance to Rink A; 1-3 pm;
6) Monday; December 22, 2014 – Glacier 2, Main Entrance Area; 4:30-5:30pm;
Skating sessions for Wednesday, Dec.10th at Glacier 2 has been cancelled due to rink closure.
Please visit the Ice Show Information section for an important Notice to parents of skaters planning to participate in the 2015 Year End Ice Show.
The club had a fabulous showing at the 2015 Skate Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Sectional Championships held November 7 & 8, 2014 at the Glacier in Mount Pearl. All of our skaters had great performances, bringing home 9 medals. Congratulations skaters!! For more information and details visit:
The competition officials awarded Madison Sturge with the 2015 BMO Sectional Merit Award (The Best performance in the competition) Congratulations Madison!
Congratulations to Sophia Burke who has qualified for and will be attending The Canada Winter Games which will be held in British Colombia.
Sophia Burke, Jakeria Rideout, Jenna Efford, Meghan White, Grace Woodland, Ashley Morgan and Kaitlin Harte have qualified for and will be representing the club and Newfoundland and Labrador section at the 2015 Challenge event being held in Montreal, newsQuebec from December 3-7, 2014. This competition brings together the Nation’s top athletes in competition. Good Luck!!
Do to test day skating is cancelled on Wednesday, Nov. 26th, 2014 from 4-6:30pm at the Glacier 1.
Here are the winning ticket numbers for the Sport Alliance Fall Ticket Draw 2014...
- ticket # 02225
- Sobeys $100 gift card - ticket # 13846
- Smitty's $100 in gift certificates - ticket # 12234
- Molson Coors travel bag & product ($100 value) - ticket # 00409
- Atlantic Spirits & Wines ($100 assorted) - ticket # 12161
- Tim Horton's $100 gift card - ticket # 13845
Admission is $10 per person. Great selection of items to bid on!
$500 gift basket door prize – everyone with a ticket eligible!
For tickets call Lindsay at 691-3855
The club is looking for volunteers to help with the Provincial skating Competition that will be held at the Glacier on February 13-15, 2015. There will be a meeting at 7:00 on Thursday, Nov. 13th at the Glacier in the Boardroom for anyone who can volunteer their time for this event. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Club Jacket can be ordered starting Today Tuesday Nov 11th at The Paradise Arena and the following PreCANSKATE and CANSKATE sessions. To access the order form click here.
Orders will be accepted until November 23rd, 2014 for delivery before Christmas.
If you would like to register for skating lessons it's not to late. The following skating sessions are still available:
* Canskate on Saturday 10:40-11:30am at Glacier 1 (Stages1-2)
* Canskate on Saturday 2:40-3:30pm at Paradise (Stages 3-6)
* Precanskate on Saturday 9:00-9:50am at Glacier 1
* Parent and Tot on Saturday 9:00-9:50am and 11:40-12:20pm at Glacier 1
The Town of Paradise has informed us that the arena is ready for opening. All regular SKATING SESSIONS will begin on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014.
Thank you for your patience and we hope you enjoy your skating season.
There will also be no skating for Pre-Juniors (5:45-6:50pm) on Friday, October 31, 2014.
There will be a Beginner and Juvenile synchro practice on Tuesday, October 28th from 6-7:20 pm @ Glacier 1.